June 14, 2012

Pull Up A Stool


My first official pic at Eisbrenner PR
My name is Greg Melvin and I’m one of the new interns at Eisbrenner Public Relations. I will be your ‘tender for the evening. Not too long ago I was sitting on that side of the bar. I am a long-time reader, first-time writer of the SpeakEasy, and I couldn’t be more excited.
First, a little bit about myself. I am a recent graduate of Wayne State University, where I majored in public relations. During my senior year I served as chapter president of the James S. Measell Chapter of PRSSA, a position that allowed me to hone my ability to multitask and work in a team-oriented environment, both essential to agency life.
Getting goofy at The Henry Ford
Before coming to Eisbrenner PR, I spent eight months as the media and film relations intern at The Henry Ford. My experiences there were as fun as they were valuable – from giving media tours of Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit, to HOUR magazine photo shoots, to the Trevor Bayne vehicle dedication and everything in between. 
The Driving America ribbon
 cutting ceremony


I interned while the museum was opening the new automotive exhibit, Driving America. Working on press materials for Driving America is what initially piqued my interest in the American automobile and how it has and continues to impact our lives. It was a good introduction to life at Eisbrenner, whose clientele is around 60 percent automotive.
My first month at Eisbrenner PR has been great! Sure, I had a Kevin McAllister moment or two that first week – there is a lot of new information to absorb and a learning curve with any new place. But when your first week includes a hula-hoop contest, a game of office baseball and Koosh ball fights (plural), you know it’s a cool place to work.
Outside the Book, Eisbrenner PR’s intern program, is designed for you to succeed as an intern, and everybody – from my OTB “buddy” to the firm’s president – is happy and willing to help you find success. Plus, I’m not alone on this crazy ride – this semester Eisbrenner PR has two interns! You’ll meet Jessica Postema soon.
Well, that’s a little background on me. I look forward to sharing more of my internship experiences at the SpeakEasy in the coming months. So pull up a stool – I’ll start your tab

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home