September 27, 2010

Hello real world!

Koosh balls and flying objects being thrown at your desk during office hours is not what the typical intern experiences during their first week on the job. How did I get so lucky?

Hi! My name is Kara Yadach, and I’m the new intern at Eisbrenner Public Relations. I’m a recent graduate from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of Applied Arts in public relations and a minor in public affairs. Prior to joining Eisbrenner PR, I completed internships that helped develop my experience in non-profit, education and sports and entertainment marketing. I recently completed an internship with Olympia Entertainment where I managed social media outlets, assisted with media relations and coordinated branding and publicity.

I’ve now made the colossal switch from the corporate entertainment industry to life at a public relations agency. Yet, I couldn’t be more energized and delighted. I already feel confident my expectations for an internship will be met during my time spent in Eisbrenner PR’s creative, diligent and lively atmosphere.

It’s only been two weeks and I’ve already been put right to work on a variety of projects. I’ve never felt a sense of identity as “the intern.” I’m looking forward to receiving a better understanding of how things work in an agency from these lighthearted and inspired individuals. I’m excited to draft press releases, assist in creative projects with the design team and boost social media strategies for clients. One of the biggest personal challenges I foresee is becoming accustomed to all the acronyms used around the office. Nonetheless, I’m on a mission to memorize them!

The Eisbrenner PR office is new and improved and it’s exactly the environment where originality and comfort flow - my ideal kind of place! Stay tuned for my next post on the factors that make this office so great!

I’m more than happy to be here at Eisbrenner PR - what a perfect place to begin as a college grad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home