June 18, 2010

Work Hard, Play Hard

Just yesterday I attended an event for the Alpha Omicron Pi alumnae of Macomb County, Mich. Sitting over plates of spaghetti, I overheard women around the table reminisce on old college memories. “Time goes by all too fast,” they almost said together in unison. And, then they advised me to live up every second.

While growing up, I recall other people offering me the same advice. In fact, I was told this so often, I almost became fearful of growing up. I was convinced these words of wisdom meant fun couldn’t exist in adulthood.

As my own college graduation approached, I began to view commencement as a commemoration to the fun I had. I settled with the fact the fun times had ended as I began my job search – until I started at Eisbrenner PR. What I’ve discovered is life here is anything but boring.

I’ve already had Koosh ball fights, Hanson dance parties (check out the video on the Eisbrenner PR Facebook page) and breakfast made by vice president, Steve Blow. I never anticipated the amount of laughter and fun I’m having now.

This fun doesn’t discredit the amount of hard work everyone contributes. In fact, everyone here provides quality work and simply has a good time doing it. They work hard so they can share silly moments filled with Koosh balls, dance moves and omelettes.

So fear not, there’s fun after graduation. I’d love to hear your story of how you intertwine work and play. Together we can grant some peace-of-mind to other college graduates and dispel this terrible rumor that fun doesn’t exist in the workplace.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home