March 17, 2010

Core Values: More than just words

The core values of Eisbrenner PR have intrigued me since I visited the office last year with Wayne State University’s PRSSA Chapter. I used to think the term core values was a “pie in the sky” idea – a goal companies pushed for, but didn’t ever achieve. I thought it was strange when the president, Tom Eisbrenner, talked about being the Disney of PR. The office was definitely fun, but needed some work if it was going to be a theme park.

After some explanation, it started to make sense – they wanted to exceed client expectations and have a blast doing it. At the time I wasn’t sure it was possible. Now, I have no doubt.

I thought I’d share the core values that make this place tick, and the reason why clients stop by the office just to hang out and chat:

  1. Individual curiosity spurs innovation ­- ask questions and learn something new. In fact, be so curious you help others learn something, too.
  2. Emphasize the positive in everything - look at everything as an opportunity to change and make a difference. Yes, things happen we don’t like, but thinking positively will drive you to success.
  3. Be motivated to discover what’s next - Celebrate success, but don’t be so caught up you forget there’s more right around the corner.
  4. Treat the world with respect - respect others, respect the environment and respect yourself. Think the golden rule on this one.
  5. Work hard and have fun - put in your best effort everyday and enjoy it. Sometimes you’ll need a rubber band gun or Kooshball fight to break up the day, but that’s what it’s all about, right?

There they are, the driving forces behind client work, the Facebook page, this blog and everything else at Eisbrenner PR.

And, if you thought I was kidding about the fun, check out what happened on April fool’s in 2009, I can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeves for this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home