September 16, 2009

Google is your friend

The last several days have been terrific. I feel as though I’m becoming a vital part of the Eisbrenner team. This internship has made me realize how much I love what I do, and it has opened my eyes to what it takes to be successful, such as good writing skills, team work and the ability to research well.

Note: When your professor tells you to know how to write - they aren’t kidding!

One important factor I didn’t calculate was the importance of research. I can’t count the number of times this week I’ve heard, “we’ll need to do more research.” Every written piece requires compiling information acquired from reading countless articles and studies. Not doing research could result in an inaccurate or failed project hurting you and your company’s reputation.

During my classes at Wayne State, I was excited about the creative ideas I had developed for an event or pitch, but I highly underestimated the need to research those elements to ensure the event was a hit or the pitch was a success. I am learning there are a variety of resources available, and I encourage you to learn how to use them, too.

One of the tools I’ve used the most so far is Google. Google is your friend. If I didn’t believe it before, I do now. With all the time I was spending on Google, I thought I would check the web for some tips. I found this post on HubSpot on how to search efficiently. It makes Google so easy even a potato could do it.

Google seems to do everything, even math. Try it, I promise it works!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home