June 29, 2009

Work, Work, Work!

On my official second day as an intern at Eisbrenner, we had a staff meeting in the morning where we discussed company priorities and current statuses with clients. I learned a lot, especially that the staff here has a great sense of humor!

Following the staff meeting, I received my very first assignments. My first task was to research potential article topics for a newsletter the company would be creating. The difficult thing about this was that the newsletter would be released in September. A lot can happen in two months. I searched countless sites for interesting information on new and developing products. Finally, when I came across a few articles that I knew could be potential candidates, I submitted my topics to my mentor and she approved. I felt a wave of satisfaction fall over me. Little did I know, this assignment was not over yet.

After I finished my first assignment, it was lunchtime. Regardless of what anyone thinks, I still believe lunch is the best part of the day!

As the day carried on I received another assignment and continued to learn more about the company and public relations. Social media is a progressively expanding aspect of public relations. My job was to find local journalists on twitter that Eisbrenner could follow. I’d never used Twitter before so this was a great opportunity to become familiar with the site.

As I neared the end of the day, I was informed that tomorrow I’d be writing a small article on one of the topics I researched today for the newsletter. All that work in college was going to pay off and I couldn’t wait to start writing!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home