September 08, 2008

The Times Are A-Changin'

I woke up this morning with the perfect fall chill in my bedroom. It was the type of morning where the blankets felt just right and the thought of lifting the covers and hopping out of bed might just be the worst moment of the day. As I lay there wishing I didn’t have to get up, I remembered that I get to go to Eisbrenner for my first full week as their intern and from that moment getting out of bed wasn’t so hard.

I had an amazing introduction to Eisbrenner last week! I am so pumped to learn everything I possibly can about the agency, my co-workers, the field of public relations and most importantly to get a firsthand take on what life will be like once I graduate in April.

Wait, how rude of me! I haven’t even introduced myself yet. My name is Holly Myles and I’m a senior at Eastern Michigan University studying public relations and political science. I’m what many call the crazy busy bee that rarely takes down time.

I’m the secretary of the EMU’s Eleanor Wright Public Relations Student Society of America, which we are co-hosting the 2008 National PRSSA Conference with Wayne State University. The conference is going to be an amazing experience and I’m so fortunate to be able to be involved with some of the prep work, as well as some of the event management for the week.

Along with PRSSA, I’m the account executive at EMU’s student-run firm, ExPRessions public relations. Also, I’m the new program director of Toys for Tweens and Teens and the Student-to-Student Higher Learning Initiative, which is a charity focusing on foster children. Finally, I coach the Redford Union High School dance team. The busy life it is for me and I wouldn’t want it any other way. These activities provide me great opportunities and lifelong friendships.

Back to work it’s for me. Thank goodness I didn’t let the fall chill keep me in bed because it is going to be a great day at Eisbrenner. In fact, I’m positive the next couple of months are going to be an amazing ride, so jump aboard and follow my journey!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Great intro, Holly! We're glad to have you here :)

9/17/2008 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home