September 12, 2008

Computers: Good vs. Evil

Sometimes I think computers have minds of their own and they are all conspiring together to take over the world! You might be thinking I’ve been watching too many bad 80’s movies and I am taking it out on computers, but let me explain a couple reasons why I’ve adopted this theory before you think I’m insane.

My first experience, which led to my computer uprising theory, was when my laptop hijacked my meeting notes for my Public Relations Student Society of America meeting on Monday. I had been typing and saving the notes throughout the meeting. I was thinking how fantastic computers were for making note taking so much easier and before I could finish my thought, the notes disappeared. I searched in every file and tried everything I knew to retrieve them. The notes were gone and my laptop entered the dark side.

After the missing notes and evil laptop situation, I was working on a PowerPoint presentation on Wednesday at Eisbrenner and the computer hated me. Everything I wanted it to do, it would do the opposite in spite of me. I spent a couple frustrating hours trying to figure out why it wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do. I was sure the computer was out to get me.

At this point you might think I’m losing my mind, but I promise I’m not. For a moment there I believed computers were trying to take over the world, but I came to my senses. I realized I was to blame for computers being evil because I thought I knew more than I did.

This week has proved that I have so much more to learn! There are so many shortcuts and tricks to computers that even when I think I’m a pro there’s something else to learn.

Rest easy tonight and know computers aren’t trying to take over the world!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home