February 29, 2008

Don't forget about blogs

Recently, I was asked to contribute to a blog for one of our clients. I hadn’t ever considered companies using blogs to get the word out about their product. I knew that consumers and industry aficionados had them, but I suspected companies would use traditional methods for publicity.

Not necessarily true, companies looking to enter new markets or promote new products are finding blogs more valuable than sending a press release. When you think about it, it makes sense.

Many more people have access to the internet and blogs, than they do the printed publication a news release might be published in. This makes them an obvious choice for finding cost-effective publicity, especially if your client is working with a limited budget.
I have a better understanding of the power of blogs, now that I see how much effort goes into getting your client mentioned on one. They have powerful negative and positive effects and should be taken seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home