October 26, 2007

The Value of PR

I am currently taking a capstone PR course at EMU and, as one of my assignments, was required to interview a PR professional about the value of PR. Becuase the professor wanted us to meet new people, I spoke with a PR professional from a nonprofit cultural organization. We had a great conversation; she described to me some of the more challening positions she's held and how she showed various former employers the value of public relations. She explained a special formula she developed over the years to measure the reach of media coverage for her organization.

Interestingly enough, her formula was different from the method I was taught on my last internship before coming to Eisbrenner, which was still different from what we do here.

Although their individual methods of measurement are different, the truth is that every PR professional I have spoken with is passionate about his/her work and the difference it makes for his/her clients and/or employer. It puts a smile on my face just thinking about how cool it is to have a job where you can make a huge difference in an organization and its employees' success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home