November 14, 2006

Always Learning, Always Growing

The past few weeks have been very busy, full of new projects that are all leading the way to a better understanding of agency life and public relations.

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to sit in on a client meeting. This was a very interesting experience for me because it gives you a better understanding of the client – agency relationship. It also taught me more about certain aspects of the agency, such as message coaching, where we sit down with a client to create a message map that clearly outlines their key messages. This provides us with a consistent message to use in everything we do. Although you may not take an active role in the meeting, sitting in on a client meeting is an excellent way to absorb tons of useful information about public relations.

I was also able to sit in on professional development session, which happens every Thursday. Speakers from a variety of backgrounds come into the office and talk about topics that help the agency grow professionally. A few of the past speakers have included a motivational speaker, journalists and representatives from a market research company, all to help us provide better service to our clients. Due to my class schedule this was the first one I was able to attend, and I found it to be very beneficial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home