December 23, 2005

Last But Not Least...

Here it is…my final blog entry. I am shocked at how fast my internship has passed! This whole experience has been such an amazing learning opportunity and the knowledge and education I had here over the past twelve weeks will last a lifetime. I learned so much about all facets of public relations that could never have been taught in a regular classroom. Everyone here at Eisbrenner Public Relations has been so helpful and understanding during my entire time here.

Over the past semester I haven’t just been “the intern”, I have been an involved team member participating in all the activities a typical public relations professional would. From media relations (writing media lists, researching journalists) to writing (press releases, memos, fact sheets, this blog) to client meetings and responsibilities, I have been given the opportunity to jump right into the field. Everything I did here was a learning experience, all of the good jobs and all of my mistakes. I am taking away from this not just newfound editing skills, but new ways of thinking about life (pretty deep stuff for an internship).

All in all I am so happy that I decided to apply here, it was one of the best things I have done. Public relations is such a diverse field, there is always something new and exciting around every corner. This semester has been anything but normal. So as I sit here cleaning out my desk I can’t help but think of all the memories I will be leaving here with. Although I am not sure what the future will bring, I do know that my past will help get me there. Thanks for reading and happy holidays everyone, its been great =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home