December 02, 2005

The Key to Success

Another exciting week has just flown by and that means I’m another week smarter about PR. I was very busy this week balancing multiple projects at once. My week started out with the chance for me to update the boilerplate of one of our pro bono clients. A boilerplate is like an “About Us” section that is added to the bottom of documents such as press releases. I had fun reworking their current one and updating it with their key messages. Eisbrenner has a really cool program that creates “key messages” for companies. These messages ensure that everyone in the company knows the mission or key message that the company wishes to portray. I wish I had a key message for myself, so when someone says to me “tell me about yourself” I could just pull out my key message map and read away.

I am still working on that website changes memo from last week, finishing up some last-minute edits. Speaking of edits, they have taken up a large portion of my week. Like I mentioned last week though, edits are nothing to be afraid of. It doesn’t mean you completely failed as a writer, rather they offer you the opportunity to further improve your skills.

I have also been working on an auto industry and charity event recommendation for one of our clients. This project has given me the opportunity to research many different events within the auto industry and has proven to be very informative. I have also been researching crisis communication methods and planning. Sometimes crisis in a company are inevitable and it is crucial to make sure you are prepared to handle whatever comes your way.

As you can see there is never a dull moment in public relations. There is always something new and exciting to experience and learn from. I can’t wait to see what comes my way next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home