November 18, 2005

Live and Learn

Another week has flown by and that means another week of intense learning. I have been very busy working on several different projects. The good thing is that all of these assignments are so different; there is always something new to experience. Out with the old and in with the new sounds like a perfect slogan right about now.

One of my first tasks was to follow up with invitees of a charity preview and confirm if they were going to be in attendance or not. Luckily, I like (really like if you ask my mom) talking on the phone to people so this was a natural fit. Next, I had to prepare for a client meeting coming up on Monday. I researched the client website and noted suggestions and changes I would make as well as brainstorming options for their annual charity event. After that I had to put all of my chicken scratch into an actual agenda to use at the upcoming meeting. I really enjoy working on assignments for clients, I know that I am contributing and it is great to see how a project goes from the planning stages to the implementing stage right before your eyes.

I have also been working on a survey about media relations. Media relations is exactly what it sounds like, how you interact with the media. This includes developing a pitch, executing pitches, flowing up with the media, relationships with the media and any other combination of media and relations you can think of. Media relations is crucial in the PR industry and it is important to understand how it works and how you can make it work for you.

With the first few snow flurries already falling over here (I already have a countdown to Spring, is that bad?) it reminds us that the holiday season is in full swing. With Thanksgiving next week it is important to take time and be thankful for what we have. Eisbrenner PR has lived up to this challenge, as we are in the process of sponsoring a less fortunate family from the St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center. I have been helping out with this project and it has been one of my favorite activities since I love giving back to the community. Well I have to get back to my edits now, I hope everyone has a great weekend and come back next week for more intern happenings =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home